Fun and saves like $5
-candle, old candle left-overs ok.
- olive oil
- metal bowl / container that can go in oven
1) Cut the candle(s) into really small pieces. You can use a colored candle for color wax, or you can add crayons in tiny pieces for the color.
2) Pour some olive oil over it. Don't overdo it, because then your skateboard wax won't get hard enough to really use and it will be really messy. Also don't use too little, because then your .wax won't be slippery enough.
3) Put in the oven until candles melted. You can stir it sometimes during this
4) Put it outside or on the wondowsill to let it cool a little.
5) Then put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, until your skateboard wax is hard. You can heat the container a little so the edges of the wax melts and comes off more easily.
your own skateboard wax
picts there too
Anyone try to make their own wax, or just buy it from skateshop? Click that link, some did it using crayons.
btw: you put skate wax on rails, ledges and curbs to help you grind and slide easier and safer, and to not mess up your board too.